Moving out of accomodation

Moving out of halls for me was a bit more difficult than most people, I couldn’t have brought all my things home for the summer and unfortunately we were unable to put our things into our house early. Luckily for me the girl that I am living with next year also lives a fair distance away from uni so we decided to share a storage unit which is in Maghull. This worked out really well for me as her parents brought their car up to move our stuff, due to being from the Channel Islands it would’ve cost a lot of money to hire a car or bring our car over to move things.

I thought I would also share a few tips about packing up. In the last couple weeks in staying in halls I would recommend using up the things in your cupboard, fridge and freezer so that there is less things to pack and put away. But at the same time I have kept a few tins and dry ingredients such as pasta for when I get back, just incase I don’t get a food shop in on the first day. I would also advise conserving space when it comes to pots and pans if you have then, fill them with clothes that you’re putting into storage to not only protect them but to also save on space.

I would also recommend save on the clothes that you take home, for example I left most of my coats and winter clothes in storage so that I didn’t have to take them home, because I wouldn’t need them. Another thing is donating things, that you haven’t used or may not need next year. This again saves on space when packing things to go home or to go in storage. The SU this year provided green bin sacks that you could put anything in that you didn’t want or use anymore, this was really helpful as we were able to leave the bag in our rooms rather than taking things to the charity shops.

These are just a few tips that could help with packing and also option you have at the end of the year. Thank you fo reading.