Hill Start- end of year show

Hello everyone, I thought as I have just finished my first year with Hill Start- the dance society, I would share what happened at the end of the year. I didn’t know about the end of year show till the second semester when we started a dance for it.

The end of year show enables everyone in the dance society to showcase their abilities. It is really enjoyable and for someone that was in one dance it was good to see what they do in the other classes because it really inspired me to join more classes next year. There was a combination of lots of different dances but they also had some of the dance pieces that the competition team did in Manchester. The show enabled me to meet lots of new people and be inspired to try out more classes and maybe even join the competition team.

The build up during semester 2, for me, was just my normal classes every week. Which was nice because you can choose how many dances your in depending on how busy your schedule is. Then when it comes to the last week before the show, teachers may call extra rehearsals depending on how the dance is and also the last couple of days, for us, they called rehearsals to do an opening and a finale. You really feel like you’re part of a team as everyone is all working together, everyone from first year to third.

Overall this was a really great experience and I am so grateful to be a part of the Hill Start team and I am truly inspired to attend more classes next year and also maybe go for the competition team. If you want to join Hill Start I would highly recommend it, with the variety of classes they offer and also the opportunities of being more serious and attending competitions or just going to classes for fun. Hill Start will be at the freshers fair if you have any questions anyone there will be happy to help.