Relationships and How to Cope

Hey everyone,

Since I found someone at Uni, I realised that we’ve got quite a bit of distance between us when we both go home for the summer. Obviously this is what’s happened but we’re still together and we’re coping. Not only is my boyfriend quite far away from me (250 miles to be exact), but i’m also away from the majority of my friends from Uni. This is because  I moved to Edge Hill from Milton Keynes, and the people i’ve made friends with are mostly from the northern side of the UK but one that is down in Kent. So, if you’re also struggling with this situation or have done in the past, keep on reading – my tips on relationships and how to cope. Some of them will be related to couples and the others are more friendship based.

Group Chats 

If you don’t already have a chat with all of your mates, definitely make one! Probably the simplest way to keep in touch with everyone and possibly even make plans (like i’m trying to at the moment).

Find Something You Can do Together 

Maybe all or both of you can try and find a new TV show on Netflix and watch it together whilst being apart. This will make for lengthy discussions and something else to talk about rather than just ‘how’s your day been?’.

Face Time 

This is for both friendships and couples. If you face time each other it feels different to over message and gives more of a conversation vibe: ‘I want to talk to you’ rather than keeping a ‘snap streak’ or something like that. If you’re in a long distance relationship, this will be your savour. Don’t face time excessively though as it can become a habit and an expectance. Sometimes you need your own space.

Put in the time 

When you’re away from people for so long, you can get out of touch. As long as you put in the effort and the other person does the same, there’s no way you guys can get out of contact.

These are only a few tips on how to cope with long distance relationships. Use it as an opportunity rather than seeing distance as a negative. I hope this has blog has helped and like all my other blogs, leave a comment down below if you have any questions.

Ellis x

Love heart signature