Getting to the Football from Edge Hill

If your an avid football fan like myself then wondering how to get down to a game at the weekend might be a question you have pondered already if you are not sure, but don’t worry Edge Hill isn’t that far away from civilization and travel links are readily available.

If you are an Everton fan looking to get to Goodison Park then the train to Liverpool Central will get you there, you can get off at various stops and catch the bus but if you would rather walk then getting off at Kirkdale is your best bet.

Alternatively for both Everton and Liverpool fans the 310 to Liverpool from Ormskirk bus station stops at Oxton Street for Goodison Park, and Woodhouse Close for Anfield, both stops are within walking distance of their respective grounds.

I personally am a Man United fan so I have to go a bit further afield by first getting the train to Liverpool central, walking across to Lime Street, (do not let Merseyrail deceive you, Liverpool Central and Liverpool Lime Street are five minutes walk apart contrary to information I keep finding when planning my journey which lists the distance as a 40 minute walk.) I then go from Lime street to Manchester Piccadilly and then finally getting a tram down to the ground. This altogether would cost around £20 return but you can save money with a railcard which would bring the price to around £14/15 instead.  Regardless of who you support Liverpool Lime Street or Preston train station will usually be your main points of travel if going further afield.

It’s also important to keep in mind when the last buses and trains back are, I know the last train from Liverpool into Ormskirk is usually around half 12, i’m not sure about buses. Either way travel to grounds is accessible as long as you know how and plan accordingly, till next time!

Jordan