How to get to Edge Hill University from John Lennon Airport!

Hey everyone! Since our first open day is happening this month (15th June), I thought that it would be useful to tell you how I get from John Lennon Airport in Liverpool to Edge Hill University the most budget friendly way. As I know some people will be flying in to Liverpool for the open days, I hope that this will help reduce the stress of travelling.

Since starting at Edge Hill University, I have gotten used to the travelling it takes to actually get from the university to the airport and vice versa in the most money efficient way rather than spending £30+ on a taxi.

This is how I personally get to Edge Hill University;

• Locate a bus that takes me to Liverpool South Parkway – this can be via the Liverpool One bus or if you are still unsure, there should be someone around to direct you to the correct bus, do not be afraid to ask!
  • Once I get to Liverpool South Parkway, I ask for a ticket to Ormskirk (where Edge Hill University is located).
  • I can then either change at Liverpool Central or Sandhills to get on a train that is going directly to Ormskirk. I would preferably get a train from Sandhills as when I change there to get the train to Ormskirk, I am already halfway there.
  • Once I arrive at Ormskirk train station, I either walk up to the campus or take the Edge Link bus at the bus station which, normally has a charge for non Edge Hill Students but, on some open days it is free.Image result for john lennon airport

I know that this may sound quite scary especially if you are like me and not very confident with train changes but it is the cheapest way of getting to Edge Hill University. And always remember that if you are unsure about where to go or what train to get/change to, do not hesitate to ask someone.

Alternatively, you can book a taxi from John Lennon Airport to the University or hire a car for the day but, like I said, this can be quite expensive.

I hope that some of you find this useful. I wish someone had told me how to get to the University from the airport when I first flew over as it would have saved a lot of confusion and detours…

Thanks for reading, Lauren x

“Dare to ask questions. There are answers to any question.”

-Lailah Gifty Akita-