Welcome Sunday

Hello friends! How are you? I hope all of your revision and exams are going well.

I have  moved out of my university house but it’s not really sunk in. People tell you how wonderful it is to meet and get to know your flat mates, but no one tells you how hard it is to leave them. Moving out took a few trips because my whole life was in that house! It got me thinking of some handy tips that might help you when it comes to moving in your first year accommodation!

On Welcome Sunday, make sure you bring the essentials. Even if you won’t be going home until second term, when you return to university you can bring the other things that didn’t fit in your car the first time round!

For me, plastic boxes were a godsend. You can get cheap ones at places like ikea. I found them really useful to transport items such as crockery. When I first moved in, I brought 4 sets of crockery – I don’t know what I was thinking!! I would say 2 big plates, 1 small plate, 1 bowl, 2 glasses and 2 mugs are a good amount. I ended up using and washing the SAME pieces of crockery so barely any of it.

Student guides will be there to help you because it can be a struggle to get things up and down stairs a few times. The edge hill student guides who helped us were amazing, so definitely ask for help instead of breaking your backs.

That’s all for now… but I’m sure I have plenty more tips in my head if you have any more questions about Welcome Sunday! Have a great week,