When the sun comes out!

Hey everyone, since the sun has finally come out here in Ormskirk, I thought I would dedicate a blog about what I recommend you and your friends do when it is a lovely spring/summers day.

Enjoy!

Ruff Woods

This is located on Ruff Lane and can easily be found across the road from the fitness trail around the back of the Sports Centre. Since the weather started to get nice, my flatmates and I have come here for a walk whilst taking a break from assignments and studying for exams. I also come here every morning for a walk before breakfast and it is great way to start the day!

Victoria Park and Garden

When walking down from Edge Hill University into town, you can see this park on Ruff Lane. During the spring and summer months, the flowers bloom and there are so many colours. It is not very big, but it still is a really lovely spot to sit with a coffee or a take away drink and bask in the sunlight.

Edge Hill Gardens

If you don’t want to venture too far from the campus, why not take a walk down to the gardens next to the Health and Social Care Building? There is a scenic path through the plants, flowers and a wide patch of green that is perfect for outside study sessions or perhaps a picnic?

Man-Made beach

Okay, so this isn’t Southport Beach, but it’s the next best thing when you just want to relax on a sandy beach and not have to travel too much. Recently, this spot has been THE spot for students to come and sit on the grass, the sand and picnic table during exam season or just to catch up with friends.

Fitness Trail

You might just fancy a nice peaceful walk to break up the day and so this scenic walk is perfect for the occasion. It has a wonderful view of some of the campus and the playing fields and also a great place to sit on the grass and chat with friends.

I hope you enjoyed this little post on what you and your friends could get up to at Edge Hill University or Ormskirk, when the sun comes out. Remember, if you do picnic outside enjoying the sunshine, please keep our campus and surrounding green spaces clean and pick up your rubbish!

Thank you for reading, Lauren x

“The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.”

-Unknown-