Things You Thought You Wouldn’t Need at University…

Hey everyone, in today’s blog, I thought I would dedicate it to all the things people do not tell you to bring to university but you will really need.

I got these ideas from my friend who is the kind of person who, if you asked her for something that you didn’t  have, she will most likely have it and so, I hope that you find something on this list that makes you think, “I would have never thought to bring that.”

1. Screwdriver – I know, you may not think that you need this in the flat but there have been occasions that this has come in really handy. For example, trying to open a remote to put new batteries in, which leads me nicely into my next point…
  2. Spare Batteries – there is nothing worse than trying to switch on the television for movie night and finding that the batteries need replaced but, now thanks to this list, you can be the saviour of the flat.
  3. Whisk – before coming to university and living in accommodation, I never picked up a whisk in my life. However, as they say, university is full of first experiences. Additionally, whisks can come in very handy on pancake Tuesday or very impromptu baking which, happens more often than you think especially during The Great British Bake-Off.
  4. Whiteboard – these are a really great thing to have in the flat for keeping score on game nights, planning out meals for the week and to write out a chore list…
  5. Cards – never forget to buy a card for your loved ones again. Buy yourself a box of cards for many occasions and keep them in your room.
  6. Burn cream – I think that this one is self-explanatory…always cook safely guys.
  7. Blow up bed – these came in so handy when we wanted to have a movie night in the flat and wanted to sit altogether. Get one with a pump so that you can put it away and put it back up again when you need to use it.
  8. Sewing Kit – this is one of those things that you really think you won’t need but you just never know.
  9. Blanket – again, taking this out on a movie night in the common room can really make the difference to a night in.
  10. Cough syrup – all I need to say about this is…freshers week.

And there it is, the ten things that people think they do not need to bring to university but you really should.

I hope you enjoyed, see ya next time.

Lauren x

“I will prepare and some day, my chance will come.”

-Abraham Lincoln-