Dealing with the Flu at University – Taking care of yourself at Edge Hill University

Dealing with the Flu

When thinking about what I wanted to talk about in this weeks blog, it hit me almost with comedic timing. I got the flu. I thought about the first time I got the flu at University. October 2017. Waking up with a sore throat and a headache I knew it was going to be a bad day, and the next wouldn’t be much better. I was right, it got worse before it got better. It got me thinking about how I make myself feel better, and I thought i’d share my top three tips with you all, because you will most likely end up with the flu at some point too.

Paracetamol

Alright this one is basic, but get some Paracetamol and keep them in your room for when you do need them. You never want to walk out when your ill to get some, and its worth having them for when you need it. They are a essential tool in helping yourself feel better throughout the day.

Water and diluting juice

Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day, drink water and its probbably even worth having some juice too for taste. This is a big one, and you probbably know it already but its easy to forget. Keep yourself nice and refreshed throughout the day.

Good food

Having food is not only going to keep your energized but it can even distract you from that headache thats been killing you all day. Soup is a good start, but fruit like Oranges and Pineapple are amazing at pepping you up. Its worth getting something your going to enjoy when you are sick, the better you feel the faster you will get over it.

Thats all for this blog, thanks for taking the time to read it.

If you want more free and great advice email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally!