Exam tips!

Hi everyone,

My last post is all about dissertation advice, so I thought today might be a good idea to share with you some of my tips for exams!

I have to admit that I am not the best person at exams and I have tried to stay away from them during my time at uni.  So here are a few tips that I have found really useful.

1. Time Management

I think this is one of the most crucial things when doing exams. Making sure that you work out how much time you have to answer each question on your exam in the best way. It will also allow you to approach your exam in the best way as you will know exactly how to handle it once your in the exam hall and you also won’t be rushed for time!

2. Ask tutors for help!

If you are struggling for revision techniques or tips to get you motivated to revise, ask your tutors to give you mock exams or if you are struggling with something then they are able to advise you on it!

3. Group Study Session!

I think that this type of revision is really beneficial for doing well! It means that you can still enjoy social time but you are also revising! It’s a great way to help each other out as well, and it makes it more fun and you won’t feel like you are actually doing work!

4. I think this is my most important tip but please remember to make time yourselves. Whether that is to have a day off from revising or to watch the newest episode of game of thrones and have some time away from revision will stop your from burning yourself out. Meaning that when the exam arrives you will be less stressed but also have the energy to do your best!

hope this helps!

Ellie 🙂