Three Ways to Stay Fit Without the Gym!

Hey everyone!

I love the gym at Edge Hill University, it has everything you need to keep fit and stay healthy. Although, if you don’t like the thought of signing up for the gym for any reason, I thought I would share some of my tips to keep fit and healthy without having to join gym.

1. Walking/Running 

I know I have mentioned walking on this blog multiple times but I cannot express enough how lucky we are to have a campus with such scenic and peaceful walking spots. 

Every morning, I go for a walk around the running track and up around the ‘trim-trail’ which is located just behind the new sports centre. It has amazing views of the campus and a little bit of Ormskirk.

I would also take myself into Ruff Woods on Ruff Lane and walk the track around the forest where you can find lots of cool wooden sculptures!

Image result for ruff woods

2. YouTube!

If you don’t even feel like leaving the flat, why 

Image result for youtube

not use your phone or laptop, type in some at home workouts and get your sweat on in the comfort of your own flat. Even better, if you still feel like there is not enough room, go to the flat kitchen and ask your flat-mates to join in! No better fresher’s week ice-breaker than a flat workout. 

Personally I love doing some Blogilates, Sarah’s Day, and The Body Coach workouts when I can’t seem to make myself walk the 20 steps it takes me to get to the gym…

3. Invest!

Getting your hands on some kettle-bells, dumb-bells and a yoga mat is so easy and you can do so many of workouts in your room and still keep just as fit and healthy!

Image result for dumbbell set

Pop down to the local Argos in Ormskirk and get yourself some weights and don’t worry about having to carry them all the way back to campus because we have a perfectly handy bus that comes to and from the campus to town every 20 minutes 😉

And there you have it, three ways you can stay fit and healthy without the gym, right here on the Edge Hill Campus! Maybe this will even inspire you to join the gym after trying out some of these tips?

I personally love the gym and use it very often but I also take advantage of the amazing walking facilities we have on campus!

Thank you for reading, see ya next time, Lauren x

“Wow, I really regret that workout.”

-Said No One….ever-