Open Days at Edge Hill University.

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re well and have had a good week! For today’s blog I’m going to talk about Open Days at Edge Hill University and a bit about what you can expect if you were to go to one as a prospective student.  When I look back to the Open Days I went to before I decided to go to Edge Hill, I think about how I knew straight away that Edge Hill was the university for me. From all the people I have spoken to, they felt exactly the same as I did – welcome and at home from the very first visit.

I first heard of Edge Hill at a university fair at the college I went to. I spoke to one of the Edge Hill team at their stand and they told me about the next Open Day that was coming up. At the time I had a few other university Open Days I planned to go to, but the first one I went to was at Edge Hill in November 2017.

I went to the Open Day with my parents and we drove the two-hour journey to get here. My incredibly positive initial impression was created by the kind and welcoming man who greeted us at the car park and showed us where to park. I remember he was very friendly – he made me and parents laugh and straight away feel comfortable in somewhere we had never been before. At registration we were told exactly where to go around the uni and I remember collecting an Edge Hill tote bag and prospectus in Main Building, which I was really happy with! My parents and I were very impressed by the beautiful campus and every student we met was extremely helpful, showing us around and answering every question we had (even quite a few obvious ones my dad had to ask!)

Without a doubt, the most helpful part of the day was speaking to my course department. It’s so important to speak to potential tutors on an Open Day because your course is a big part of university life. I remember feeling so excited and certain that this was what I wanted to do a degree in, and that is exactly what I did!

We looked around and spoke to all the different stands at the Student Experience Fair, who were giving useful information about university life at Edge Hill. As part of the Open Day we also had a campus tour and a look around all the accommodation. There were also stalls with hot drinks and food we could help ourselves to. Needless to say, me and my parents were very impressed. One thing that really jumped out at me was that we’d seen so many students who obviously cared about and enjoyed their uni so much!

We absolutely loved the day; it was brilliant to be on the incredible campus and see everything it had to offer, but for me it was the lovely people that made it. We didn’t want the day to end and I really think that that was a sign that I would be very happy at Edge Hill and it was the right uni for me!

I hope you’ve enjoyed the blog and it has given you a little insight into what an Open Day at Edge Hill is like- a brilliant day you will absolutely love. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us…

The dates of our upcoming Open Days this year:

Saturday 15th June 2019, 10am-3pm – Book Now

Saturday 17th August 2019, 10am-3pm – Book Now

Saturday 12th October 2019, 10am-3pm – Book Now

Saturday 9th November 2019, 10am-3pm – Book Now

Saturday 23rd November 2019, 10am-3pm – Book Now

Have a lovely week,

Alice : )