Free Films at Edge Hill University!

Hey everyone, welcome back to Inside Edge!

Let me tell you how you can watch films for free, right here as an Edge Hill University student.

First of all, picture this.

Watching movies in your room or in the shared kitchen can be fun now and again but, imagine you and your friends could go and see a movie on the BIG screen…for free. Sounds good right?

The Arts Centre at Edge Hill University hold ‘Free Film Fridays’ exclusively for Edge Hill students. Recently they have shown ‘A Star is Born,’ ‘Aquama,’ and ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet.’ And that is only in March this year!

There are no tickets required. All you need to do is show up with your friends or on your own at 7pm in the studio theatre and enjoy and blockbuster movies!

Even more exciting, The Arts Centre often holds free films on a weekday evening which are open for the public but Edge Hill Students still go for free! Why wouldn’t you take advantage of this great deal?

Signing up for an Arts Centre membership could not be more free or easy. Just simply show up to the Arts Centre with your student card and let them take care of setting you up with your free membership card. This membership allows Edge Hill students to see 4 free performances per season which is 8 free shows a year!

Recently, my friend and I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody on Wednesday 20th March in the studio theatre. We would always watch movies online in our flat rooms which is fun and convenient but we thought getting out of the flat and going to the ‘cinema’ would make a movie night even better. Who doesn’t love a free cinema trip?

PS…there are no advertisements. Could it get better?

So there you have it, come to Edge Hill and you get to see some amazing movies in a cinema style theatre for absolutely free! Just make sure you sign up for your Arts Centre EHU Student Membership Scheme to take advantage of this amazing deal.

To find out more please have a look at the link provided – https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/artscentre/students/

Thank you for reading and I hope you found this post helpful. I really enjoyed my time at the Arts Centre watching Bohemian Rhapsody, it felt like I was really at the cinema only without all the advertisements and with great music whilst waiting for the movie to start.

See ya next time!

“The reason we’re successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course.”

– Freddie Mercury –