Ways to celebrate at university!

Hi everyone! Hope you’re well and have had a good week! For today’s blog post, I thought I’d talk about different ways to celebrate an event at university! As I have mentioned in different blog posts, I find for me that it is best for to stick to a routine in order to get things done, so when it comes to celebrating an event, it is nice to change things up a bit! It was my birthday on Tuesday, so I wanted for my first ever birthday that I have not celebrated at home to be nice and feel different to my everyday routine. As it is has been a few different friends of mine’s birthdays while we’ve been at uni, I thought I’d talk about different ways to celebrate!

Go to stay with friends!

Something I did to celebrate my birthday was to visit my boyfriend and some of my friends in Sheffield for a few days. This was really nice for me as my birthday was on the Tuesday and I don’t have lectures on Tuesdays or Wednesdays so I was able to go away for a few days! What was lovely about doing this was when I got back to Edge Hill I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my flat mates and we went to Social in the SU on Wednesday night and had a great night with some of my uni mates! It was really nice to spend time with my Sheffield friends, where we went out into the city for the day and went for a birthday meal in the evening.

Throw a party!

Something we did to celebrate my friend Jessamys birthday was to have a party at my flat. We brought together all our mates with snacks and drinks and bought cheap party decorations from pound land! We made sure that we weren’t too loud for my flatmates and kept the music quite low, after the party we got the last train for a night out in Liverpool and got a taxi back to the uni!

Go out for the day!

If nights out and partying isn’t really for you, a nice idea would be to go out to Liverpool, Southport or out for a coffee or food in Ormskirk with friends or family! It is so nice to change up your routine when celebrating an event, so maybe go somewhere nice you’ve never been before, for example I love Nordico lounge in Ormskirk!

Whatever you decide to celebrate your birthday while at uni, it is do important to do whatever you want to- it’s your day after all! It’s nice to receive calls and birthday cards off family and friends and of course embarrassing photos on Facebook! Hope you’ve enjoyed the night out photos in this blog post! I’m going back home for Easter tomorrow but will be back with the blogs next week as usual!

Have a good week,

Alice 🙂