Budgeting Tips!

Hi guys, so with it coming to the end of the term and Easter fast approaching people are coming to the end of their student loans and so less money to live on. So I thought that now would be a good time to give you some tips on budgeting and living on a budget.

I think for a lot people end up breaking the bank when they go out a lot because it can end up getting expensive, however you can get it into your weekly budget. So that is the first tip…

• Set yourself a weekly budget- for me the money I receive from the Government goes into my mums account as I know that I would just spend it straight away. So my mum and I have a system that she gives me £35 a week to cover my food, travel and sometimes treats as well depending on my plan for the week. This is really helpful because then I know how much I can spend on my food shop etc.

• Plan your weeks meals- I have been doing this the last couple of weeks and it has really helped when doing my food shop. I have planned my whole day of food so that I don’t buy unnecessary food that is just going to go to waste. Once I plan my meals it means I know exactly what I need for the week and can create a shopping list and try not to veer away from it too much when I am shopping.
  • Looking for the best deals- I generally do all my shopping at Aldi, however sometimes when it comes down to a deal, I do shop around a bit. For example recently I have been buying my alcohol at B&M as they have had a good deal on that I couldn’t get anywhere else. However this is always changing and there are always lots of different deals, in either B&M, Aldi and Morrisons (which are the main places people shop).

Lastly, when it comes to things like Student Events in Liverpool… which generally take place in September and April (Tomorrow, 3rd April 2019), make sure you set yourself a budget and make a list of things that you want/need. It is nice to be able to save up a bit of money to go to these events because it is a good way to bond with your new friends. Also as a side note, there are lots of way to make money whilst being at uni and I would definitely recommend getting a part time job, whether that be with the University, or off Campus, it is a good idea.