Accommodation AFTER First Year

Hello friends!

I hope you are having a lovely Mother’s day. As I have written about first year accommodation before, I thought I would talk about accommodation for second and third year students. Edge Hill’s fantastic accommodation was voted best student accommodation in the UK and Ireland and best value for money (National Student Housing Awards, 2018)… and I am not surprised one bit! However, you do not have to stay on campus, it is completely up to you!

Living in Ormskirk

The perks of living in Ormskirk is that you are VERY close to the town centre, which means you are a short walk away from Morrison’s, Aldi, Maccies, Superdrug, Spoons, Alpine… the list goes on! And when I say ‘walk away’ I mean they are literally on your door step. AND the bus that travels to Edge Hill’s campus is free for all students when you show your student ID card. However, my housemates and I usually walk as it is only 10 minutes away, and a breath of fresh air is a good way to get the day of work started!

Living on Campus

If you prefer to stay on campus however, you can apply to stay in Edge Hill’s accommodation or in Woodland Court (brand new flats for third year students). You can find out everything you need to know including facilities and costs on Edge Hill’s website. Although you will have to get a bus into town, there is still plenty going on at the Student Union bar such as karaoke, quizzes and Wednesday socials! You also get to be a 2-minute walk away from Edge Hill’s new library, the Catalyst (where I have been living the past couple of weeks).

Commuting from Home

If you would rather stay at home, commuting is always an option (depending on where you live and how far you are willing to travel of course!). You can apply for a parking permit so you can park in Edge Hill’s car park which is always open and right on campus.

Let me know if you have any more questions about accommodation for second and third years!

Until next time,