Accommodation – My View

Hey everyone!

I know there have been a few posts on accommodation on this platform but I believe that the more opinions you have on something, the easier it is to make your decision!

Chancellor’s Court 

My first pick to live on campus was in Chancellor’s Court and I am so grateful that I got a place here. There were so many options that I could chose from and after a long decision making process, I finally settled.

The size of the room is perfect for me! Originally, I was worried that the room would be too small as I did move over with A LOT of things, however, once I had unpacked and put all my things away, I realised how much space there actually is.

The wardrobe is the best place for storage because of how big it is and the extra room above makes for some handy storage!

Plus, there is a mini-fridge in the wardrobe, really useful if you want to hide some of chocolate from friends….

Making sure that I had the opportunity to personalise my space and make it seem more like home was so important to me. This meant that I needed somewhere that I could hand up pictures, shelf my books and store my folders for school.

That is one of my top tips about moving into accommodation; make it your own! There is no better way to make yourself feel right at home than hanging up some pictures, cards and posters. I am sure you have already seen this tip before but it really does help.

The university used to provide computers for these rooms but after the opening of the amazing catalyst building there was no need for them. The monitor is still in the room however, it does require a TV license if you wish to use it.

There are so many little nooks in the desk area where you can store all kinds of things. Great for shopping bags and laundry baskets!

So, as you can see, my accommodation is so nice and comfortable to live in but my favourite part about it has to be the en suite/wet room.

It may be a strange thing to get excited about if you’re like me and grew up having to share a bathroom with five other people, you will understand my feelings.

The wet room is a good size, with a shower curtain to stop the walls and towels getting wet, a toilet (obviously), a mirror and a shower wrack to keep your showers gels and shampoos on. I recommend buying some extra shower room storage as you will need more place to keep additional bathroom essentials but other than that, Edge Hill provide you with the basics to get you started!

I settled in really well to my new room knowing that I was safe and secure due to the 24-hour security and locked doors that require your own key to enter.

There is no better feeling than coming back from long day of lectures, coming into your room and relaxing in your own personal space. However, do remember to come out and socialise with the rest of your flat so that you can experience university life to the fullest!

My room is nice and simple but like I said, you can personalise it any way you like!

I hope that you enjoyed my view of the accommodation at Chancellor’s Court here in Edge Hill University! I love my space on campus and I am very grateful to the university for providing me with such a comfortable living space.

For more opinions and information about accommodation, please make sure to have a look at the other blog posts here at Inside Edge!

https://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/?s=accommodation

https://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/2019/03/02/edge-hill-university-room-tour-chancellors-south/

https://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/2019/03/01/accomodation-at-edge-hill-things-to-do-in-your-first-week/

“There is nothing more important than a good, safe, secure home.”

– Rosalynn Carter –