Ways to keep your room clean and tidy at uni!

Hi everyone, hope you’re well and have had a good week! For today’s blog I thought I give some tips on how to keep your room tidy and clean in your flat at uni.

Personalising your room                                                                                                                    It’s a great idea to make your room personal to you, but something I’ve found is that if I have alot of things in my room, it is easy for your room to get cluttered and messy. A nice idea is having photos up with white tac and posters on your wall and make your room more you without it becoming cluttered. I have a cork board in my room that i like to stick sentimental cards, letters and photos as well as having a few frames photos on my desk that make my room more me!

Having a certain place for everything                                                                                          Something I like to do is have certain place for everything. So I have little boxes for bobbles and hairgrips and a jar for all my pens and pencils. This really helps when my room gets really messy and I can pick everything off the floor and put it all in the right places they belong, it makes it alot easier for me. Like for when I do my laundry, straight after I’ve brought it back up all my stairs ( a right nightmare), I hang up my laundry on my clothes airer and when it’s all dry I fold or hang everything back up in my wardrobe. I always like to do it like this as it means I don’t keep putting off tidying it all away!

Take time out to keep your room clean.                                                                                      There is a difference between keeping your room clean and keeping your room tidy. When my room is very messy, I first put everything in the places they belong and tidy everything away. Then I clean, hoover and clean all the surfaces and clean my bathroom. I like to tidy my room properly twice a week and give everywhere a good clean once a week. I used to hate tidying my room, but I find that if I pop on a good playlist and have a good dance while I get it all done, I actually really enjoy it! Or I’ll facetime a friend while I’m putting fresh sheets on my bed or organising uni work. By having a certain day each week that I clean and do my laundry means it gets done and I won’t just put it off because I know it has to be done!

I hope you enjoyed this blog and it has given you a few tips of how to keep your room clean and tidy at uni! It can be hard to stay on top of it, and sometimes mine gets into a right tip but if I try to keep it tidy, it means it saves me time in the long run and makes a room that’s a lot nicer to be in!

Have a good week,

Alice 🙂