Dealing with Illness at Uni

I’ve currently got a bad cold  and am feeling pretty lousy at the moment, so I thought this would be a great time to give some ideas on how best to look after yourself if you do find you’re not feeling your best, especially if your not used to not having your parents around.

Don’t push yourself: If you’ve got a lot going on it may seem tempting to just ignore your illness and push on. I personally like to go to the gym a few times a week and have in the past gone while I’m still recovering from illness, but trust me your much better suited to just waiting till your better rather than getting too tired halfway through a workout.

Stock up on medicinal items: Before you have the chance to catch any illness like the famous ‘freshers flu’, make sure you have a few different things that will help make your life easier if you do get sick, things like a box of paracetamol, lozenges, honey etc.

Going to class: Sometimes at uni you simply can’t afford to not go in for a seminar or for group work, so occasionally you might have to venture outside even when under the weather which is completely fine. But just make sure you really need to first, it is important you attend your classes since you are  probably paying a lot for them. But if your too sick the only thing you’ll be doing by going to class is spreading any illness you may have. If you are worried about your attendance just email the lecturer relevant to the module and tell them that you won’t be able to make it, that’s all you have to do.

So there’s a few things I find are useful to know especially if your new to university, anyways thanks for reading and till next time.

Jordan