A typical day in the life of an Edge Hill student!

Hi everyone, I hope you’re well and have had a good week! For today’s blog, I thought I’d talk a bit about what I get up to on one of the days when I don’t have lectures! As I have mentioned in other blogs, in my life at uni i find it important to keep myself busy and have a sense of routine! Each day for me can be very different but I like to keep some things the same, and that’s what I’m going to talk about today!

9am– Wake up, shower and get ready for the day! I had a bit of a lie in this morning as I had a late night last night, but on days where I have lectures, I usually wake up about 7:30/8 to make the most of the day and get some work done, or if I’m feeling extra productive I’ll go on a run or a swim.

11am– Clean my room and of course coffee! My room was very much in need of a tidy this morning so I changed my bed sheets as I did my laundry yesterday, hoovered and put everything where it needed to go! I then went to the kitchen and started watching a bit of Netflix while I made some porridge and coffee, had a bit of chill and a chat with one of my flatmates!

2pm– I walked to my friend’s flat and had a chat with her, then we called into the security hut then to the Catalsyt! My friend stayed with me for an hour while we did some work, then she left while I stayed, did some uni work, read and blog writing then another friend came and met me and we did some more work, we were going to go on a walk but didn’t want to go out in the awful rain!

5pm– I left the Catalyst because I was really getting quite hungry at this point and found that I was getting a bit distracted! I then went back to the flat with my friend and made something to eat, and had a chill, doing a bit more work.

6:30pm- My friend left and I decided to do some yoga in my flat and Facetime my boyfriend.

8pm- I went to a stand up comedy show at the Edge Hill arts centre, I really enjoy going to different shows, I’m going to another one and Friday and one on Saturday! Some weeks I don’t go to any and others I book a few, just depends if something sounds good to me and if I’m available to go!

9:30pm- I got back in and made some tea, I don’ usually have my tea that late but I wasn’t hungry before the show. I then did some reading for my lecture tomorrow and phoned my dad and went to sleep about 11pm!

I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s blog and it has given you an insight into the day in the life of a student at Edge Hill! Usually in the evenings I like to go to different exercise classes at the sports centre but I also enjoy changing things up and going to shows from time to time, some days I might go on a food shop if I need to, or a walk into Ormskirk! If you have any questions, please comment!

Thank you,

Alice 🙂