Fitness Classes at the Sports Centre

Hi everyone,

Image result for edge hill uni sports

Today I thought I would tell you about some of the fitness classes that are on offer at our Sports Centre! Exercise classes are included with all premier memberships so its so good to have so many options of what exercise you can do! Compared to other gyms I have been to I definitely think that is so much nicer to have more options that just a standard fitness suite so I really like that Edge Hills sports centre has such an array of classes and activities for you to enjoy!

Also, places on the classes can be booked up to a week in advance using the online system (accessed through the Edge Hill Sport page).

Yoga – This is one I would love to try as I always hear such good things about it. The Sports centre offers two different types of yoga; Hatha and Kundalini. Kundalini has a slight more focus on meditation, I would really like to improve my balance and flexibility skills so I will definitely be booking onto a session soon.

Running Club is also a great session for increasing fitness levels even if you are a beginner or a marathon runner. This is also a really great thing to do for socialising as you will begin to feel like a community as you see each other progress each week. One regular runner said ‘Monday night running club provides a supportive and friendly environment in which to improve running technique, endurance and speed. There’s no way I’d do this sort of training on my own but with the fantastic support the coach and other runners give it makes it really great fun.’

Some of the classes also sound super fun as well and so different to anything I have heard of before, for example you can do Konga and Jungle Body, a high intensity workout that also seems like really good fun with different types of music from pop to rock and disco!

Here is an example of the classes timetable:

I can’t wait to try out some more of the classes as well! Let me know if you have tried any!

Ellie 🙂