Managing University Work

Hello again

As my final placement came to an end a few weeks ago, I have certainly been enjoying some lie-ins and time off! However, there is still university work to be completed! My primary education course may be a little different to other types of degrees because there is no dissertation involved. This may sound ideal… but there is other work to do! For example: assignments, presentations and oral exams. As I only have a few months of university left, I want to make sure these things are done to the best of my ability in addition to enjoying the last university social events! Therefore, organisation is KEY! Here are a few handy tips that I am attempting to follow…

To-do list

Although this may not be as useful for everybody, making a to-do list can help me to visualise the work that needs to be done – I don’t know what I would do without it! As soon as you are set a new task, add it to your list! If you want to be EXTRA organised (or too organised?) you can use highlighters to colour-code the urgency in which things need to be completed.

Work space

For me, Edge Hill’s library provides the perfect environment to focus on my work. I am quite the procrastinator ya see… so sitting at a desk with 3 walls surrounding it is the PERFECT spot for someone like me! You can find out more about Edge Hill’s library in the Catalyst building here. However, other people may work best in the comfort of their own home. It is completely up to you, but make sure you know where you prefer to work as this could save you a lot of time.

End goal

If work starts to feel overwhelming, remember to take things one step at a time. There is only so much energy you can put in. If you’re lacking motivation, picture yourself a few months down the line. What kind of grades do you want? Where do you want to be? Always keep your end goal in mind.

Relax

No matter what or how much work you get, university tutors do NOT expect you to be working 24/7. Frankly, it’s IMPOSSIBLE. Go outside. Clear your mind. Make a hot drink. Go for a walk. Visit your family and friends. Have an Alpine night out. Most of all… do what you enjoy and make sure you get some down-time.

Let me know if you have any queries and I’ll try my best to answer! Until next time…