Get Ready With Me For the Week Ahead!

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having an amazing weekend. Some people dread the weekend coming to a close and we all have experienced the Sunday night blues when you know that you have a long week ahead of you.

I still sometimes experience this but ever since starting university, I love using my Sunday to relax but to also prepare myself for Monday morning. Keep reading to find out what I do!

Meal Prep!

As I am currently on my first professional practice as a trainee teacher, finding time during the week to make my lunches everyday is quite hard as I don’t return back to my flat until 6pm. This is why meal prepping is so handy. 

On a Sunday night, I dedicate at least 30 minutes or an hour to prepare my lunch for the week. This means that when I get back from school, I don’t have to worry about taking time out of my lesson planning to make my lunch for the following day. Even if you are not on placement, preparing your lunch or dinner for the week means that you have so much more time to work or write your assignments.

Disclaimer – my meal preps do not look as aesthetically pleasing as this. Thanks Google!

To Do List

As I have mentioned in one of my previous blogs, I am a huge fan of diaries. It wasn’t until I started university did I fully appreciate keeping a to do list in my diary. 

Every Sunday morning, I sit in the catalyst, open my diary and plan out what I need to get done this week, when I can fit in a gym session and what lessons I am going to be teaching. In a weird way, making a to do list for the week makes me feel less stressed about all I have to do. I can see what needs to be done and I have made sure that I have to the time to complete them whilst also fitting in when I can do the things I enjoy.

What my Sunday mornings look like!

Pack!

This one may sound very condescending and bring you back to the days in high school when you forgot a book and your teacher said, “did you not pack your bag the night before?” Just me?

Anyway, I always make sure that I pack my bag for the following day. On a Sunday, I check that I have all the books I need for classes throughout the week meaning I have time to go to the catalyst and get any books that I do not have.

Packing your bag the night before also allows for extra time in the morning to make a good breakfast rather than rushing around trying to find a missing book.

My school bag is not as nice as this and so, Google images comes to the rescue once again!

Mentally Prepare Yourself 

Many people find Sunday nights quite stressful because of the looming week ahead and this is not a good way to start your week. 

As well as preparing everything and making sure I have everything sorted for the week, I also try to prioritise some ‘me’ time. This usually consists of going for an early morning or late evening walk, going to the gym, watching a TV show or reading a book. I try to do at least three of these things on a Sunday to give myself enough time to relax and calm my thoughts before starting a busy week!

One of my early, Sunday morning walks!

And that is how I prepare myself for a busy week! I genuinely love my Sunday ‘ritual’ because I feel so much more organised and relaxed about Monday morning.

Remember, the start of the week does not have to be so horrible, take it as an opportunity for a fresh start, a clean slate and not look at it so negatively. I hope you enjoyed this blog, see ya next time!

“Have a wonderful Monday and make the saying by Dennis P. Kimbro: “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it” your motto.”

-sweetytextmessages.com-