Why I Chose to Study at Edge Hill

Hello everyone, for today’s blog I thought I would talk more about Edge Hill and why I chose to come here, bear in mind these won’t be the same reasons for everyone but I thought they might help provide some extra insight at least.

The accommodation: While to some this may not be a big factor, to me personally it was,  I would be spending a lot of my time there including weekends since home was in Northern Ireland. The halls I stayed in were very modern and featured a good-sized shared kitchen, own en-suite and high-speed wi-fi. They are also on campus as well which is especially convenient for getting to classes in the morning.

The location: Edge Hill is located outside of a major city but that was something that suited me fine as I came from a town area back home. The uni’s location next to Ormskirk town means there are plenty of options shop wise and the convenient rail links into Liverpool city centre and Preston allow for easy and cheap travel especially with a rail card to these and other places.

The Course: I chose to study Film and TV production, and a big part of that choice was down to the fact it was focused around both Film and TV whereas other courses I had looked at were just film. I wanted to keep my options open for the future and choosing a course that had both seemed like the most logical choice. The facilities available at Edge Hill including the famed Creative Edge were also another factor in why I chose the course.

The Campus: Edge Hill offers everything you need on campus including a bar, nightclub, shop, subway etc which are all useful things to have especially as a first year student who will probably be spending a lot of time on campus.

These are some of the main reasons I chose to study at Edge Hill and hopefully they have helped provide some insight for you as well! Any more questions just let me know and thanks for reading!

Jordan