My Personal Experience on a Campus Tour

Hello everyone, in my last blog I talked about the various ways you can visit Edge Hill if you are looking at studying here next year as a student. Following on from that, in this blog I will talk about my own experience on a campus tour and how it helped me to choose Edge Hill.

Coming from Northern Ireland it was always going to be more difficult to come visit as in my case it would involve getting a coach then a plane and then trains from John Lennon airport. Because of work and college commitments at home I was unable to make an open day or an applicant visit day which was a real shame so I set looking at finding out other times to visit. This was when I found out about campus tours that run every month.

After booking on to a tour I still felt worried I wouldn’t get to see anything specific to my chosen course in Film and TV Production, So I emailed Think Edge Hill and asked them if there was a possibility, that a lecturer could maybe come talk to me more about the course. Thankfully the university were very helpful and on the day, one of the senior lecturers showed me around Creative Edge as well as answering all the questions I had on the course which was really helpful to me. After this I went on the planned campus tour where I got to see more of Edge Hill like the SU and the library as well as other important things like student accommodation. The guides were really helpful and did there best to answer everyone’s question’s. 

I left Edge Hill that afternoon, after spending only a few hours on campus, feeling certain that I was going to choose Edge Hill to study at, so in my experience even though I missed the other visiting events, I still received enough information and insight to make an informed decision which at the end of the day is what your main aim should be when visiting universities.