Organisation and routine at University.

Hi everyone and I hope you’re doing well and have had a great week! For today’s blog I am going to talk about getting into a routine while at university and simple ways you can add order and routine into your day to day life at uni.

1.)  Working around your timetable.

In order to plan and organise your life, it is very important to know what you’re planning around! So, it may be a good idea to make a revision or lesson timetable to breakdown what work you need to do. For me, at the end of each week I go through all the work I need to do and what lessons I have for the next week. As sometimes, one week can be different to another with my English and Education degree, I find it best to go onto Learning Edge and checking my emails everyday in order to know all the changes! In addition to this, as the week goes on, I jot in my diary  little things I need to do. For example, I write down what food I need to buy, exercise classes I need to book,  certain readings I need to do, any shows at the Edge Hill art centre I want to go to… ( The list goes on!). I like to at the weekend, go through the list and tick off everything I’ve already done and re-write it out, prioritising certain things! 

Getting into a weekly routine.

As the way life is, some days and weeks can be more interesting than others! But, as I’ve been at uni nearly 5 months ( so crazy!) I have found things and routines that work best for me. For example, I’ve been going to as many exercise classes a week as I can cram in with my friend, Jessamy and going to swim team meets on a Monday and land training on a Thursday. As well as doing my weekly meal plans, cleaning my flat, doing the food shop and preparing my meals, doing the laundry, writing my blog  and doing all my work. I know it seems like a lot but I really find that If I organise, it seems so much less daunting! I also try to do something new each week, like going to a new coffee shop with a friend or having a film night ( It’s the small things!).

Looking after yourself!

At the root of it all, it is so important to look after yourself and do what makes you happy. I know that some weeks I won’t achieve everything I’ve set out to do on my to do list! I find that changing things up at the weekend really helps, and I see it as treating myself! So, I will then be more likely to get everything done before the weekend! Planning things to look forward to and putting it in my diary really adds a sense of purpose to the week, like going to see my boyfriend or going back home for the weekend!

I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s blog, please comment below if you have any questions! Have a good week, and remember- do what makes you happy!

Thank you for reading,

Alice 🙂