Nights Out at Edge Hill

Hello guys!

Since I am coming to the end of my placement, I am very much looking forward to a night out with my friends… even though I will miss my pupils VERY much!

I thought I would share with you my ideas on a good night out at Edge Hill…

1. Students’ Union Bar

You can always rely on the students’ union bar for a good night out, ESPECIALLY on Wednesday nights for socials! Each week you can expect to see different societies or sports teams out with different themes (I have joined in with football, basketball and even our own primary education society). The drinks are cheap and the taxi is £3 from Ormskirk if you don’t live on campus and don’t really fancy the walk!

1. Alpine

Oh Alpine… what can I say? This place has been the beginnings of many memories during my university experience. The music, and most of all, the people, have made it the perfect place for a good night out. You’re guaranteed to have a good boogie with your mates or splash out on the delicious happy hour cocktails!

1. Bars

Ormskirk is full of cute places to grab some gentle drinks, with Dinky Dory and The Mad Hatter being two of my favourites.

1. LIVERPOOL

And of course… there is Liverpool which is ONLY a 35-minute train ride away. Also, if you manage to book a taxi in advance, it can often work out as a similar price to the train. Liverpool is bigger than Ormskirk so if you’re feeling like a bigger night out, Liverpool is the place for you. Initially, I thought I would travel to Liverpool every other week… until I realised that my nights out in Ormskirk are JUST AS GOOD!

Where do you like going out?

Until next time,