The Sports Centre at Edge Hill!

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in my previous post I now have a membership at the Edge Hill’s Sports Centre! I’m still at the beginning of my fitness journey so I will definitely be updating you on how that’s going later on.

But, I think that the facilities at the Sports Centre are incredible and there is so much to do that will suit everyone at all ages and abilities – you can take a look at their website by clicking here. So, I thought I would give you all a quick run through of what’s available!

The Sports Centre has two sets of changing rooms for both the fitness suite and the swimming facilities, both include showers. I also absolutely love that there are hairdryers and straighteners available too! There are lots of lockers as well so you never have to worry about leaving your belongings unattended.

The fitness suite itself has lots of equipment from treadmills to bikes and cross trainers, as well as a designated weights area. The gym equipment also has a TV screen so that you can stay entertained during work outs. For example you can watch Netflix and YouTube or even listen to the radio!

Every single day there are a variety of classes you can go to such as yoga, Zumba, HIIT and lots more. I would love to have a go at doing yoga and legs, bums and tums as they sound great! Classes are well priced for non-members as well at just £3.50!

The swimming pool is one of my favourite things, I’ve been a couple of times now and I love it in there! You can swim freely or in a single lane and there are also classes such as Aqua Fit. It’s a great way to guarantee you won’t go on your phone for a good hour and you can just switch off from uni work.

So far I’m really enjoying doing some exercise and I find it’s really good mentally as well. I’m finding that I am really looking forward to it each time I visit the gym! I’ll be sure to keep you all updated.

Ellie 🙂