Working for Edge Hill University – Students working for Students

Image result for edge hill university

Working at Edge Hill university during your study is a rewarding experience with benifits for everyone. You provide a valuable service for the university, such as blogging, notetaking or even guiding prospective applicants. In return the univeristy will weigh your pockets down with the standard casual rate of £8.66 per hour. So for half a days work (12 Hours) you are looking at over £100 into your pocket. But there is many more reason for you to consider working for the univeristy, here are my top three.

Sense of involvement

Working with the university gives you the ability to infulence the university directly. With a sense of involvement you will feel that the university is suddenly alot smaller and the community will become tight knit. That involvement in the university will make your time here much more enjoyable, I know it has for me.

Great experience

Because the university has so many roles available you will always find something with transferable skills into your chosen course. Every role teaches professionalism and builds confidence. The supervisors are always there to help you no matter what, and the structure in the university is perfectly setup to encourage communication.

Make yourself stand out

I cant stress enough how much having job experience listed on my CV has helped me get jobs outside of the University. Listing your employeer is only half of making yourself stand out, having refrences from the University is the other. Having a job at Edge Hill University will make you stand out among any crowd.

If you want more free and great advice email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally!