My Experience Working for Edge Hill

Hi guys, in my last blog which you can read here. Working at Edge Hill

I talked about the various job opportunities available on campus, following on from that I thought I would talk a bit about my experience working for the university and what you can generally expect.

At the start of my first year at Edge Hill I was looking for some basic part-time work which unfortunately wasn’t going very well, because of my want to go from home in Northern Ireland to Uni over various holidays it was difficult to find something this flexible to fit around that. While searching for roles I came across one being advertised by Edge Hill to become a student mentor, after a read of the role itself I submitted an application which involved giving some test answers. After this I received an email a few weeks later saying I had been successful!

Once I had received the email, a suitable date was arranged between me and the other applicants to attend a training session on campus, where I was trained on the role itself and it’s responsibilities as well as meeting the staff in charge of overseeing the work, and the other students who had also been chosen for the role. The training itself was really well explained and done in a relaxed atmosphere so there was nothing to worry about.

The role itself is one that is done online from your own phone or laptop and¬†while it varies a bit, it generally involves you putting in a couple of hours a week. The best thing about this online work is that while you do have to make sure your checking up on it and doing what is required. You are allowed complete flexibility in when you want to work which is something that is really nice to have. The Edge Hill staff I have been in contact with when working for the university have also been really helpful and provide plenty¬† of information for me to make sure I know what I’m doing.

So, that’s my experience so far and I think if you are looking for a bit of extra work to compliment your studies then these roles are here to apply for when available if your interested. Thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions.

https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/careers/students/part-time-jobs/

Jordan