Edge Hill where’s that?

Due to coming from a fair distance away, I am always asked about Edge Hill, where it is, what its like and so on… I am highly surprised that there aren’t many people from where I come from that know about Edge Hill, at the end of the day it is such an amazing place. So I thought that I would compile a list of things that I say when I get asked about Edge Hill.

1. Where is Edge Hill?– I would generally say, Edge Hill is in a small town called Ormskirk about half an hour away from Liverpool. The town is very quant and cute, which is one of the things I love about Edge Hill and the town it is based. It is so easy to get a train into Liverpool if you wanted a bit of city life but also if you don’t want the hussle and bussle of a big city then you don’t have to. In my opinion Edge Hill is the best of both worlds because you have the option to have either city or small town life.
  2. What is Edge Hill like?– Absolutely beautiful. In my opinion the campus and accommodation is one of the best I have seen . A combination of the beautiful lakes across campus and the amazing wildlife alongside it, really makes Edge Hill a calming and picturesque place to be. There is so much to do, from all the different sports and societies to all the activities that are laid on by the SU there is never time to get bored.
  3. What is your favourite thing about Edge Hill? This is such a difficult question, there are so many amazing things about Edge Hill that I love. One of my favourite things, that I have recently had the pleasure of taking in, is the paths around the back of campus that looks onto the rest of the campus. It is absolutely beautiful up there and so peaceful as well, something that I would definitely recommend seeing when visiting Edge Hill. I also love the Catalyst, it is such a large space with some amazing study areas on each level. My favourite time to go is on a Saturday or Sunday morning when it is very calm and peaceful. Not many people go in early on the weekends but in my opinion it is the best time to go.

To wrap up, I absolutely love Edge Hill and all that it has to offer and would recommend it to anyone, even just for a visit, you will not be disappointed.

One Reply to “Edge Hill where’s that?”