Getting Settled Into Your Course!

Hey everyone! I thought that it would be a good idea to write a post all about getting settled into your course.

When I found out I was accepted into the Primary Education course, I wish I would have had someone to tell me how I could prepare for my course or how I could feel relaxed when starting the course. I hope that this helps people whether you are applying for a course or just want to know what to do before getting started!

• Use the Edge Hill Website – when I first applied for the Primary Education Course, the first thing I did was try to find out as much as I could about the course. I found that this offered me a lot more information about the course at Edge Hill, separately from all the other similar courses elsewhere. The website is really well structured, allowing applicants to look at an overview of the course, reading comments from current students and what modules are involved.  
  • Talk to people on the same course – talking to people who are doing the same course as you is always comforting because they are on the same boat as you. When I got accepted to the course, I downloaded the ‘Campus Society’ app which allowed me to connect with people who also had been accepted to the course. I then felt better about starting my course after talking to people who also had got accepted because I knew they were feeling the exact same way as me, excited and nervous!
  • Talk to someone who has already gone through the course – I was lucky enough to know quite a few people who had already completed a teaching course or were in the middle of one and so after speaking to them, settling into my course seemed easier. They were able to give me advice if I needed it or if I just wanted to talk about the course. 

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and has helped you prepare for your course. Do not hesitate to reach out and ask for advice or help from anyone about the course you have applied for through social media, the Edge Hill website or me!

Here are some helpful links;

“The strong individual is the one who asks for help when he needs it.”

-Rona Barrett-