A Sense of Normality

I know the feeling. Coming back from a break from school and university can be hard. All sense of normality seems miles away.

Today’s blog is hopefully going to help you get back to normal! I hope you enjoy.

Get a diary! – This has honestly changed how I organise my day. Every morning, I sit for 5 minutes or less and write out what I need to get done that day and what classes I have. At the very end of the day, it is very (strangely) satisfying to tick off all I have achieved. Plus, if you get a really aesthetically pleasing diary you will be more likely to use it. Amazon have loads!

Start something new – I know this contradicts the point of getting back to normal but starting something new after a break might be a good way to get you looking forward to the work life. For example, my new ‘something’ for getting back to normal is meal prepping. I have never had to do this before but, now that I am starting placement I need to bring my healthy lunches with me and be prepared. I’m not ashamed to say that I am looking forward to it. 

Ease back in slowly – Sometimes the thought of going back to school or university can be quite daunting and so you try to get everything organised as soon as possible. Instead of rushing to get things organised at the last-minute, take some time before starting back to organise yourself and the work you have done over the break. This way, you will feel more relaxed about going back to school or university as you are prepared. 

Be happy – Don’t think of going back to work and assignments as a bad thing. It’s an opportunity to learn new things and broaden your mind! Mindset is everything (something I have learned this past year) and so, if you think positively about getting back to the normal school/life balance, it won’t seem as bad. 

I hope you enjoyed these tips of how to get back to normal after having a break. I myself practice these tips and find them very helpful to get me back on track.

“I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in.”

– Roger Clemens-