New Year, New Goals!

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 19.27.13

Happy New Year! It is now 2019, how crazy is that. Generally in the new year people make new years resolutions, some people stick to them and others simply don’t. I do usually make new years resolutions but find that I forget about them a couple weeks in. I actually wrote down my resolutions for 2018, and found them the other day in a random notebook. And surprisingly enough I think I completed 3 out of 5, which isn’t bad for me. However I do want to change the way I set my resolutions this year as they are usually so vague that I don’t know where to start or even if I have been able to do it. I think it is important for you to set goals, however they need to be achievable and realistic so there is a clear light at the end of the tunnel.

So my first resolution is to eat more plant based food, since becoming vegetarian at the end of 2018, a lot of the time I ended up buying meat alternatives that are all well and good but I have had a few cookbooks for birthday and Christmas with lots of great things to make, so I have no excuse that I didn’t know what to make. This will predominantly be in my evening meals but also at lunch times (to be more specific I am going to try and cut it down to 1 meat alternative meal a week whether that be sausages or chilli non carne), which follows onto my next resolution. I would like to cut down on my bread consumption, I have already done this massively as I don’t very often have sandwiches etc. But my goal is to have little to no bread, I would generally have toasted bagel for breakfast however I am going to change that and have more porridge and smoothies. Alongside this I hope to cut down my snacking on chocolate and biscuits, and if I am wanting to snack have dried fruits or nuts. These resolutions will also help me as a student as it makes it a bit cheaper buying fresh vegetables, rather than vegetarian alternatives.

On the fitness side of things I have signed up to the park runs that start at the sports centre across from my accommodation, and would like to try and do one, once a month. Running is not something I generally am very good at however I think is going to be a good way for me to get outside and also explore more of Ormskirk that I haven’t seen. Side note I am also currently signing up to a 5k run around the Aintree race course, which something I would have never thought about doing before. Furthermore I hope to continuously improve at the gym and aim to do exercise at least 4 times a week if not more.

Now if you know me at all I am really not a reader, I just really struggle to get into them. However one of my resolutions is going to be to try and complete a book every month or every 2 months depending on workload. Now this isn’t going to be a book for uni, it will just be a book for pleasure. I don’t know how this will go however it is a goal I am going to set and see how it goes.

I am going to try and keep track of these goals but also try and actually achieve at least a few. So Happy New Year everyone, try and make this the best one yet, persevere, do things you wouldn’t usually do, and stay positive.Screen-Shot-2018-12-27-at-19.11.04.png