New year, New me!

Hi everyone, I hope you’re well and Happy New year!

Every year, as we all do, I come up with resolutions for myself and think of ways I can improve myself and try to be better as I go into a another year with new opportunities. But again, I think we all feel exactly the same, you set yourself unrealistic resolutions to lose weight, to be on top of all your work, to make more time for your family and friends and to eat well. This is all well and good to think like that, to try to be a better and newer version of yourself but i have found a better mindset to have:

– It is important to reflect on the past year, to look back upon the mistakes you’ve made, the regrets and the things you plan to change within the next year! For me I have reflected on how badly I have eaten and the lack of exercise I have done, especially since coming home and how I don’t feel as healthy as I would like to! As you will find yourself, when moving out and going to uni, it is your responsibility to make meals for yourself, to eat when you want and buy whatever you want! But I really have found that I have eaten a lot worse since going home and I think it has been the temptations of all the food in the big fridge at home and all the sweets and chocolates I’ve been given for Christmas!

– In regards to trying to exercise more and make more time for uni work, it is good to push yourself but not too far! Doing too much exercise and work can be damaging as you can isolate yourself from others and it can effect your mental health. Do what you are comfortable with! It is great as well to do work and exercise with other people, perhaps with people in your flat or people on your course, in order to do what you can do and have fun while doing it, and that is the most important thing!

– For me, for 2019 I am going to drink more water, laugh and smile more, spend more time with the people I love, doing the things I love and putting myself first! And it’s going to be great, I hope you decide to do the same!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, please comment any questions if you have any!

Best wishes,
Alice! 🙂