A look back on 2018 – My three top tips from the year past at EHU

A look back on 2018

2018 was an exciting year at Edge Hill University and I don’t think it would be complete if we didn’t take a look back over the last 12 months and give a few mentions to a few of the things that made everyone’s lives a little more special. So many things happened that you could be here til next year listing them so let’s keep this brief and drive right into, three top tips from the year past.

Shoot for the stars

In the year past we saw elections in March and in November at our students union. Big shout out to all of those who put themselves forward. I actually interviewed a number of candidates and heard their voices loud and clear. If there is one thing that people like Jack Fields, Molly Smallwood and Craig-Francis Meichan have shown its that speaking out for what you believe in will often yield many similar minds behind your cause.

Don’t leave it up to chance

Absolutely no point whatsoever in wanting something, but not badly enough to work for it. 2018 held many truths like this for me. I have to admit I didn’t work for much, maybe my license but that’s about it. If you want something then you need to get out there and fight for it. In fact i’m sick of saying it, I feel like my last 5 blogs have all touched on this, but trust me its important. I don’t know who needs to hear this, but just go do whatever it takes to get what you want.

Forget everything and be yourself

Right this one really goes out to you, yeah the one person who is reading this blog. No idea who you are, or how you even got here, but listen up. You might think this sounds corny or you might think it’s just a dumb piece of writing on the internet. You’re wrong. I’ve spent my whole life trying to fit my square personality into other peoples triangle shaped lives but in 2018 I stopped. I’ve never been happier to be myself and not care one bit about what others have to say behind my back. So, take my advice or don’t. Either way, I don’t really mind.

That’s everything. Just one more thing before you go.

Happy new year.

If you want more free and great advice email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally.