Winter Holidays

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas break. I have completed 5 weeks of my final professional practice with another 5 weeks to go! My school is absolutely fantastic, with lovely staff and even lovelier children! I am yet to come across a child who doesn’t go out of their way to assist me or hold doors open for others. It’s the little things that go a long way!

Although I have had a brilliant few weeks, there has been a lot of planning, evaluating and resource-making involved. I am very much in need of a relax… and I am sure you are too! What are your Christmas plans?

1. Catch up with family and friends 

Make the most of your time out of sixth form / college and make plans with your nearest and dearest!

1. Get up to date with work

Christmas holidays are a good chance to get yourself organised and get that to-do list checked off! Make a timetable / calendar and make a rough note of what you’ll do each day. This always helps me to organise my time.

1. Explore your home town

Get Christmassy! You may celebrate Christmas or you may not… but it is always fun to get into the festive spirit! Take a trip into town and visit your local Christmas markets or have a go at ice-skating if you’re feeling brave.

1. Relax

Wind down with a hot chocolate and watch your favourite Christmas movie (Elf is the best one OBVIOUSLY). You might be working over the Christmas holidays but make sure you get some ‘me time’ after a long day’s work.

I hope your course work / revision is going well. This time 3 years ago I was preparing for my Primary Education interview at Edge Hill. Let me know if you would like to hear about my experience!

In our last week of school (the Friday just gone), we took part in Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day by donating £1 and wearing a festive jumper. You can make a donation of £2 by texting JINGLE to 70050.

Have a brilliant Christmas with your loved ones and remember what Christmas is all about.