Leaving Home and Going to Uni

The day is here, it’s the Saturday or Sunday before Welcome Week, and you’re getting ready to head off to start your time at University. You might be feeling as I was, anxious, excited and ecstatic all in one, or you might feel all nerves or all excitement everyone’s different, so following on from my last  blog post I am just going to give a few pointer’s on how to make the most of your arrival at uni.

Talk to your new flatmates: Chances are if you choose to live in halls, you will be moving in  together with a load of new people which is definitely a frightening thought for some, but it doesn’t need to be. When you first arrive at your new accommodation, everyone else will be feeling the same way so while it is extremely tempting to just hide in your room and hope people leave you alone it’s best to just familiarise yourself with your new surroundings and meet/get to know the people your going to be living with. It’s a hell of a lot easier to say hello to your flatmate if they come into the kitchen if you already are at least acquainted with each other.

Create an aesthetically pleasing room to live in: This is simple, bring stuff with you from home that you can put in your room to make it feel more like home. Now me personally, I’m not really bothered about getting 50 Polaroids of all your friends and sticking them on the wall but maybe you want to and that’s totally fine, whatever you like. I prefer posters of things I like such as TV shows, films, games etc. There’s a brilliant poster sale in the Hub on the first week that has loads to choose from, I grabbed a cool Breaking Bad and Rick and Morty poster to add to my collection and liven up my room.

Room

So yeah just a couple of ways to make that moving in process just a bit easier which can’t be a bad thing eh? I’ve also included a link to my previous blog on packing for university, hope you enjoy!

Jordan

https://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/2018/12/10/preparing-to-leave-home/