First Year Room Tour – Chancellors South

Hello again! ☺️ Today I’m going to give you a little insight and into my room here at Edge Hill and some tips for living comfortably at university. I’m in my first year so I’m on campus living in Chancellors South. The accommodation is absolutely stunning, all over campus, and I feel very lucky to live here.

I’ve always tried to make my space as comfortable and cosy as possible and my uni room was no different. A lot of the stuff you can see is from a shop called The Range – this is a great place to get some cheap decor for your room to make it feel a little more homely. Primark is another good place, I got my bedding and hot water bottle from there and they sell really nice reed diffusers to keep your room smelling nice! 💕

One thing I will suggest is to bring a fan, those rooms are wonderful in the winter because they’re so insulated but in the spring and summer months it can get hot and having a fan definitely helps. I use the door to the bathroom  as a whiteboard which is really great to keep on top of your to-do list, just make sure you don’t buy or use permanent markers 😖! I’ll note here, Chancellors South provide a full length mirror – I nearly bought one until I saw a YouTube video explaining that they provide one!

Due to the wonderful Catalyst, we don’t have computers in our rooms but we still have the TVs ☺️! The desk is nice and spacious and the space behind the TV is all cork-board so get some pushpins to hang the important stuff up. I brought my printer but the ink can get expensive so it’s easier and cheaper to just use the Catalyst, if I’m honest. The draws are also really spacious, I’ve added a picture to show you my ‘work’ one:

The little pot in the bottom right hand corner is where I keep all my paracetamol, antihistamine, blisters and flu stuff – bring this, you are bound to get the fresher flu! I also brought a little sewing kit that you can see in the middle near the top, I have used this a handful of times now so it’s good to have around. ✂️

In Chancellors South we have a designated house keeper that comes in Mon-Fri to give the place a little dust, hoover and mop. She doesn’t do our rooms, just the kitchen and hallway, so I keep a little box of cleaning products in my room for when I need to give my place a dust or clean my bathroom. 🚿

The bathroom is set out like a wet room so I keep my towels on the back of the door using this over the door hanger I got from B&M. I also got a cheap standing wire storage holder to put all my shampoos and body soaps in! B&M have some really good products for storage. 😊

The accommodation is really stunning and it’s no surprise that it is award-winning. The wardrobe space is great and it includes a mini fridge to hide all your chocolate or expensive food. There’s storage under your bed to keep boxes, shopping bags or shoes. The storage in the kitchen is excellent too but that’s for another post 😃. I hope you have enjoyed this and I hope it has given you a better insight into the accommodation for Chancellors South. See you next time! 💕

Untitled