Accommodation!

Hey everyone!

Here in Edge Hill, you surely will not be short of choice when it comes to accommodation. You have Forest Court, Palatine Court, Chancellors Court, Chancellors South, Founders East, Founders West and that’s just a few you can choose from.

My favourite part about living on-campus is that it is only a small walk away from anything you need. The Catalyst building, the Hub, McColls and the student union (aka Subway) are only a few of the places that are easy to get to from any of the halls of residence.

In addition, the (free) bus to and from Ormskirk is easily accessible as there are two pick up and drop off points on the campus, making it easier for students to get into town and back to university without having to walk miles. Even though it is a very scenic 15 minute walk, you can never trust the English weather!

Moving from Ireland to a completely new environment was so daunting, however, moving into my halls was the first part of helping me overcome my nerves. I found that I settled in much quicker than I expected and this was partly due to the fact I was able to personalise my room and make it more homely by adding pictures, books and other personal items around the room.

The safety of the halls also made settling in to my new home much easier.  If, at any point, you have any concerns, the rooms have a contact sheet at the back of every door with numbers and guidance on who to call if you have any problems. However, with the 24 hour security team, there is nothing to worry about.

I feel like it is also important to add how much easier living in the accommodation on campus made making friends. Moving into a flat with 8 strangers was rather nerve-wracking to start with however, on the first night of moving in, I new I made really great friends and would fit right in.

Do not be afraid to move into accommodation here at Edge Hill University because I can easily say that it is one of the best experiences of my university life so far as it has allowed me to grow more independent and helps waking up early for lectures even more worth it.

I love my accommodation and living on-campus and I am sure you will love the experience as much as I do.

If you want any further information about accommodation here at Edge Hill University please feel free to ask me anything or follow this link to the accommodation home page – https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/accommodation/

Thanks for reading!

“Home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling”

-Cecelia Ahern-