Looking after yourself at Edge Hill!

Hi Guys!

I hope you are well, and congratulations to everyone who has been offered a place to study here. I hope you are all excited for the journey that lies ahead of you, I remember that feeling well!

For today’s blog, I thought it would be appropriate to write about ways in which you can take care of yourself at uni, and making sure you can be the best you can be mentally, physically, emotionally and in your studying.  My tutor told us that around this time of year he notices a lot of students missing lectures, therefore vital information and teaching, so I am going to give you some tips to make you feel the best you can and therefore prevent you from missing lectures and going out!

Treat yourself!

I remember, a few weeks into uni I phoned my Dad and told him how I was struggling as I was missing home and feeling down and he told me to treat myself. So whether this be with something like a nice lipstick or some home comfort food, but obviously I do this in moderation! But for me, it really helps to cheer me up and remind myself that I am worth it, just taking that time to watch a film on a Saturday night with a face mask and chocolate never fails to make me feel better.

Exercise

I know, this one is quite subjective, but for me I always feel so much better after doing a bit of exercise! I really enjoy going to the gym on campus, only a two minute walk from my accommodation and going to yoga or zumba and going for a swim! Or going on a walk or jog into Ormskirk and around Coronation park. This doesn’t have to be alone either, it might be nice to invite someone from your flat or course or join a sports team where you can meet like minded people!

Plan things to look forward to!

This one is definitely a big one for me and I know friends who feel exactly the same! This could be anything from planning on having my boyfriend, friends or family from home to visit, going on a night out, or like me and some friends from my course are doing- making a Christmas dinner before we all going back home for Christmas! It’s always nice to plan fun things to do when you have a bit of free time.

I hope this has helped you in getting an idea of what uni life is like and ways you can look after yourself in order to make sure you are happy and well. Always remember that there are people here to help, whether that be your lecturers, fellow students or campus life, everyone will be there for you! Please ask any questions you’ve got!

Alice : )