Why The Catalyst Building Will Be Your Best Friend!

So, the new Catalyst building at Edge Hill University may be my favourite building on the campus. Seriously, ask anyone who knows me because they will tell you that I spend a lot of my study time there. Don’t worry though, I still manage a social life.

I thought that it would be a fun idea to talk a little about the Catalyst building and sing its praises through a list of why I believe it will be your best friend as a student of Edge Hill University.

• The Top Floor – I was going to save this point until the last but as I am currently writing this on the top floor, I couldn’t wait. This floor is known as the quiet study space, with a computer suite and a separate space with tables for those with their own laptops or who just have a lot of highlighting to do. This is the perfect space for people who prefer to work in quieter environments like myself and enjoy a spectacular view over the campus!

• The Café – We’ve all been there, you’re typing away and suddenly you get an overwhelming urge for something sweet and a hot beverage. Well, you are in luck because the 53.3 Degrees Coffee Shop has everything from brownies, tea-cakes, sandwiches (vegan options also) and a range of drinks to choose from. You can all guess where most of my money goes to…

• The Staff – I don’t think the catalyst would be as great as it is without the amazing staff that keep it running from 8AM – 8PM every day! There is always somebody at the ‘help-desk’ ready to direct you anywhere you need to go or tell you information about the services available.

• The services – This leads me nicely to my final point about what the catalyst has to offer. You didn’t think there were just books and a café, did you? You can talk to people regarding accommodation, money/jobs, transition difficulties or the well-being and counselling services. Make sure you follow the link provided below to find out more about the many services available to students.

I really could go on all day about why I love the Catalyst, but I thought I would leave you wanting more.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and please don’t hesitate to ask me anything about Edge Hill University, as I am more than happy to help you!

P.S, did I mention that the Catalyst is open 24/7 for all students? However, this does not mean that you leave assignments to last minute…

For lots more information please follow this link –  https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/location/catalyst/

And, as promised, here is my inspirational quote of the blog!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m Possible!”

– Audrey Hepburn –