3 Things to Make You the Favourite Flatmate – Living at EHU

Three Things to make you the fav flatmate

Moving into a flat with new people can be  daunting and exciting all at the same time. Believe me, i’ve been there, and I know that you want to make a good impression from the moment you walk in the door. Over my first year there were a number of things that were great about my own flat but three things stand out that just made the experience better. So without taking up any more of your time here are three things that you too can bring with you to make you the favorite flatmate, at least in my flat.

1. Games

And not just drinking games, although they are great too if your flat is into that. Monopoly is just such a good game to play with mates. Everyone ends up either laughing or shouting because someone was cheating the whole time and the banker can never be trusted. If you want to know who your true friends are, its the ones who bail you out when you are about to go bankrupt in monopoly. Beer pong, truth or shots and a deck of cards for Kings (Someone told me they call it Ring of Fire here, that’s wrong though just saying) are also awesome ways to get ready for a night out.

2. Good food

This one is a little more difficult. When we say good food we don’t actually mean a take away or pizza, we mean a good recipe. If you can make a curry that draws everyone out from their rooms then you know you are onto a winner. This makes a lot of sense around Christmas time. Not a lot of students can make a full Christmas dinner  but if you are willing to take on the challenge your flatmates will thank you. Try pick a night for flat dinner night in. We had Mondays, my favorite was the time we made pizza. Shoutout to everyone in Blake 101-108 who was there.

3. Firestick / Chromecast / Something with Netflix

The TV provided in the kitchen is unfortunately not a smart TV and this can make watching movies a real pain. Bring a cheap fire stick or something else for maximum flat happiness in the kitchen at all times. For music during cooking, nights out and movies late at night or early in the morning having some form of device on your kitchen TV is going to make the flat fitter, happier and more productive. And in turn you will be praised trust me.

That’s everything. Take these three things and you will be praised, trust me. If you want to learn more about what other useful things you should bring to university check out my other post here:

Walking out the door – Getting ready to leave home for Edge Hill University

And if you want more free and great advice email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally!