Finding the right University!

Hi I’m Charlotte, and for my first blog post I thought I would talk to you about the importance of open days and finding the right university. As I hope you’re aware, the deadline for UCAS applications is fast approaching, as we get closer to Christmas and into the New Year. Most of you are probably preparing for your mock exams that could be before Christmas, in the New Year, or maybe you have already done them which must be a relief. If you are yet to do your mock exams, just remember that these are generally the grades that get put onto your application for UCAS (well thats what it was like for me) and so they are important and you should try and put your all into them. Anyway enough about exams, the main focus of this post is about open days and the importance of finding the right university for you.

Personally for me it was very difficult to get to open days as I come from overseas and so needed to get a plane over which costs a lot. However it is slightly easier for those of you who are from the U.K. If you do come from overseas like me or don’t live around the area, most universities are very accommodating if you tell them where you come from and will try and find a way to make things easier for you.

Anyway, for me it was particularly important to find the right university as I was coming so far away. However for anyone I would recommend going to as many Open Days that you seem necessary, I know for me when I went to other universities there was just something missing, however when I came to Edge Hill, I just fell in love with not only the campus and the opportunities, but also the surrounding community. This is something I wouldn’t have known, had I not come to an Open Day. You get to see and hear things on an open day that you cannot find online, and a lot of the time it is important things such as do they have the facilities so that you can carry on with your hobbies or am I going to be able to have my ensuite bathroom.

For this reason, I highly recommend going to Open Days, as it will help you find “the one” (as in the university for you, not a love companion). The last Open Day of the year was this Saturday, but fear not you can book onto one of Edge Hill’s monthly Campus Tours.

“The time will pass anyway, you can either spend it creating the life you want or spend it living the life you don’t want. The choice is yours.”

Charlotte