House finding tips!

Hi everyone,

Its getting towards the time of year now where most people will be starting to think about looking for a house for the following year. When I was experiencing this I didn’t really know what I was doing or where to start! So here are a few tips to help you along the way!

1. Attend a housing workshop

Campus life run these workshops every year towards the end of november/ early December. These are really helpful sessions to give you advice on looking for a house and all the factors you may need to consider when doing so!

2. Decide who you are living with

This sounds quite straightforward but making this decision can be quite stressful sometimes. One thing I have learnt is that it is a lot easier to have an even number of people of usually 4 or 6 as that I was the majority of student houses are. Also, don’t decide too early on in the year who will be living with who as by the time December rolls around things might have changed!

3. The housing list

The housing list is something every edge hill student will come across at some point. This is usually released in December and it contains all the university approved properties in Ormskirk and the surrounding areas, therefore making your job a little easier!

4. Don’t rush!

One thing you don’t need to do is rush trying to find a house! There is more than plenty of houses for everyone so take your time and enjoy looking round the houses – I find it quite fun! Make sure to book viewings with various landlords and weigh up the options with your roomates and hopefully everything else will fall into place!

Ellie 🙂