Being a Part of a Society

As you are looking forward to starting your university adventure, I am sure you are wondering which societies are available and which ones you would want to join (or if you want to join any at all). In my first and second year I hadn’t joined a society, but had experienced going to socials such as the football social. Anyone is welcome to join nights out and meet new people… that is what is so great about societies and socials at Edge Hill!

Sports Teams

This year, I am currently playing basketball with the basketball society (Edge Hill Ducks!). Although I used to play GA in netball during high school, I can’t say Basketball is my forte. Going to training has made me appreciate how different these two sports actually are! However, everyone at basketball has made me welcome and part of the team. This shows you that you can join a sports team no matter how experienced you are… just go for it!!!

Create a society

You can find the list of Edge Hill’s current societies on their website. However if there’s
nothing that interests you, you have the option of creating your own society. Edge Hill Student Minds society is a great example and was created last year by a fellow primary education student. It is open to anyone struggling with their own mental health, wanting to support others, to learn more about mental health and helping to remove the stigma around it.  You can follow their page here.

If you have any questions about societies at Edge Hill, drop me a comment! If there is a specific society in particular, I will do my best to put you into contact with them.