A Year Until Uni

So you’re in your final year… are you feeling sad, anxious or relieved? I remember feeling all three things! Here are a few tips to make the most of your final year of college / sixth form.

1. What’s your goal?

Make sure you know what you’re aiming for by talking to your teachers, friends and family. Are you applying for jobs, university or a course? Whatever you decide to do, make sure you use this year to gain experience and do the best you can in your coursework and exams.

1. Get involved

As it is your last year of school, try to get involved with different things that are going on. I know it may vary in different colleges / sixth forms, but if there are year book and prom committees you could volunteer! (It’s fun AND will look good on your CV). Instead, maybe you would be good at mentoring younger pupils in a subject of your choice.

1. You do you

However, extra-curricular stuff can be a challenge sometimes whislt trying to balance it with your work and revision. So do not panic! You will have plenty of opportunities at university such as joining a sports team or different societies.

1. Research and visit your university

Throughout my last year I was constantly researching Edge Hill and the things they have to offer. This really motivated me when revising for exams because I knew that was my end goal. Visiting Edge Hill will give you the chance to explore the beautiful campus and modern accommodation. If you think it looks good on the pictures, prepare to be blown away! You can book an open day here – I highly recommend it!

I hope you have a great week! Speak soon,