Creating a study environment

Hi everyone,

Something that has taken me so long to get right is finding the right place to study and somewhere that I can really focus and get on with my work, as I am very easily distracted! Obviously these are things that work for me and everybody works differently but I really hope these tips help!

1. Find somewhere you won’t be disturbed.

One place I definitely make full use of are the private study rooms in the library which are located in the new catalyst building. All of the rooms contain a huge desk space along with a computer. Being on my own in a private space really helps me concentrate as I know that I won’t be disturbed.

2. Working with friends

I know this is the complete opposite to my previous tip, but sometimes working with your course mates can really help you with studying, as you can all help each other and ask them to read over your work if you feel the need to.

3. Turn your phone off

Going on your phone is 100% going to put your productivity to a halt. Set yourself a timer for 30 mins to an hour and you will be surprised at how much you get done!

4. Listen to calm music

I have a playlist dedicated for when I want to concentrate and it really is helpful, Spotify and YouTube also have lots of concentration playlists from the ocean to film scores! Someone I went to sixth form with used to listen to the Harry Potter films soundtrack when she was revising to help her concentration!!

Thankyou for reading!

Ellie 🙂