Balancing Work and Play

Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a great start to term. Sadly, fresher’s week has come to an end for us here… hopefully we still have some energy left for real work! Balancing your workload with your social life can be challenging at times, so here are some tips which help me!

1. Look after yourself

Most importantly, make sure you don’t get over-tired because that’s you can make yourself ill. Drink plenty of water, exercise and get some early nights! If you are a student living in accommodation on campus, you can get discount on your gym membership which allows access to the swimming pool, fitness classes and all the brilliant equipment.

1. Turn to a friend

If you find yourself struggling with your workload, or anything else for that matter, there are lots of people to turn to for support starting with your friends. Most likely, your friends will find their work difficult too. The library located in the new Catalyst building also offers services, resources and support. For more information you can visit the Catalyst help desk or ask online.

1. Treat. Yo. Self.

No matter the amount of work you are given, you should not be working 24/7. Make sure you get some down time too – take a walk in the local park, make a phone call home or have a night out in the SU or Alpine!

1. Get organised

Poundland sell the ideal academic calendars and diaries for you to plan ahead and write in your exams, assessment dates and social events. Sometimes by writing a to-do list or seeing your weeks ahead down on paper, it can make you feel more at ease and confident going forward – this certainly helps me!

If you have any questions drop me a comment and I will do my best to answer! Speak soon,

Anna 🙂