Welcome Sunday advice

Hi everyone 🙂

Moving to university can be a really scary and daunting prospect, but it can also be really exciting and later become a really fond memory. I can’t believe it’s been two years since I was moving onto campus, I was so nervous and worried and I ended up having one of the best weeks ever so I thought I could share with you some top tips for welcome Sunday which is now only two weeks away!!

1. Try to be yourself and not too reserved.

I am defitnely extremely shy around new people and this was something I found quite hard as it takes me a bit of time to come out of my shell. But if you just be yourself you will ease into uni life so easily and making friends will be a piece of cake!

2. Don’t hide in your room

Everyone is going to be nervous as you are all in the same boat, one thing I did was keep my bedroom door open all day so that when people passed my room they usually peeked into my room and we ended up chatting so it’s a great way to be social and make friends with your new flat mates!

3. Attend freshers events with your flat mates.

doing this will help break the ice and it will give you all something to bond over as you will all begin to make memories with each other! You are only fresher once so make the most of it!

4. Help someone who seems upset/homesick

The move to uni can be an upsetting time for some people as a lot us have never really been away from home before so if you see someone in your flat or anywhere who seems a little lost or upset it’s a great idea to go and talk to hem and help them feel more settled!

I hope these tips helped and if you are energies about welcome Sunday try not to worry too much as I’m sure you will all have the best time!

Ellie 🙂